Late summer is all about vegetables – and the best late summer meals are centered around the season’s bounty. The abundance is sometimes overwhelming, but I’m always grateful for it.
My favorite meals for August and September, then, all showcase what’s available from our gardens, farmer’s markets, CSA’s and stores:
- Asian Slaw and Spicy Noodle Salad (with chopped chicken added)
- Easy Grilled Vegetables, Swiss Chard and Sausage Frittata, and Tomatoes and Feta
- Greek Tuna and Tomato Salad, Garlic Green Beans (the grilled variation), and grilled Easy Sourdough Artisan Bread
- Summer Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Green Beans, grilled chicken and Zucchini and Feta Fritters (made early and reheated on the grill)
- Summer Corn and Bacon Tart (made with a super easy press-in-the-pan crust), grilled Easy Artisan Bread with Fresh Tomato-Garlic Bruschetta
- Zucchini, Corn, and Tomato Saute served with ribs cooked in the slow cooker and finished on the grill and Tuscan White Bean Salad
These meals will all be making an appearance on our menus in the next month – probably more than once in some combination or another.
What am I saying? Definitely more than once – all those vegetables are waiting and now is the time to eat fresh to our heart’s content!
What are some of your favorite dishes or meals for late summer?