- ¼ c. honey*
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup*
- 1 TB. vanilla
- ⅓ c. oil (non-industrial oils like melted coconut, cold-pressed sunflower, avocado, olive, etc.)
- 3 c. whole, rolled oats
- 2 c. raw or toasted buckwheat groats
- 1 c. chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- ¾ c. sesame seeds
- ¾ c. sunflower seeds
- ½ c. flaxseed meal
- 1 TB. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with silicone or parchment.
- Mix the first four ingredients (the liquids) together in a large bowl, and then add the remaining ingredients, stirring until the oats and groats are completely coated.
- Press the granola mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet with the back of the spoon, a spatula, or your hand wetted with water.
- Bake, rotating the pan halfway through if needed for even browning, for about 25 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING. It should be golden brown all over and more on the edges.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 1 hour and then break the granola into chunks before letting cool completely.
- Store in an airtight 1 gallon container.
Other breakfast recipes you may like:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)