- 6 c. white vinegar
- 3 c. water
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 3 Tb. pickling spice
- 1 Tb. pickling salt
- 14 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes for each jar (or to taste)
- Prepare 7 pint jars, lids, and canner for processing.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spice, and salt in 6-8-qt. pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add a two garlic cloves (4 halves) and the red pepper flakes to each jar before packing with beans. (Do one jar at a time, pouring brine over and sealing before moving to the next jar.)
- Ladle the hot brine over beans, leaving ½" headspace, removing air bubbles with a spatula, wiping the jar rim, and attaching the lid. (Try to get a bit of the pickling spices in each jar.)
- Process in a boil-water canner for 10 minutes.
- Remove from canner to a towel-lined surface and leave undisturbed for 24 hours before checking lids for seal, labeling with date and storing. Use within a year to year-and-a-half.
Other canning recipes you may like:
Be sure to check out these preserving recipes from my gardening friends!
Guide to Drying Homegrown Herbs @The Freckled Rose
How to Make Homemade Grape Juice @Homemade Food Junkie
How to Freeze Carrots @Simplify Live Love
How to Can Peaches @Frugal Family Home