- One batch Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
- cornmeal for the pan
- ½ to ¾ c. prepared pesto (here's an easy, frugal pesto recipe)
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1-1/2 c. cooked, chopped chicken
- ¼ to ½ c. each of the following: quartered artichoke hearts, mushrooms, chopped onions, chopped dried tomatoes, and sliced kalamata olives
- ¾ to 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Make the pizza dough and let it rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- Start oven heating to 425 degrees. Prepare a medium size baking sheet or a pizza pan/stone by lightly sprinkling with cornmeal.
- Roll and press the dough to fit the pan, building up the edges if you desire a thicker crust, or just rolling flat for a thinner-style.
- Prebake the rolled-out crust for 8-10 minutes. If the crust develops a bubble (or two), just gently push down on them with a spatula to deflate after removing from the oven.
- Spread the partially baked crust with pesto, sprinkle with mozzarella, and distribute the chicken evenly over the crust.
- Add all the vegetables in even layers, starting with the dried tomatoes so they are towards the bottom.
- Top with the feta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in the 425 degree oven for 8-12 minutes more or until the crust is nicely browned and the cheeses are melting and browning.
- Transfer to a large cutting board before cutting into serving pieces.
Note: this recipe was originally published in 2012 and has been updated with larger photos, clearer formatting and printable recipe. Enjoy!
Other family favorite recipes you may like: