- butter for pan & scramble
- 1 dozen eggs
- ⅓ c. water or milk
- ½ tsp. salt & pepper, or to taste
- 2 c. chopped fresh spinach
- ¾ c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheese (sharp cheddar, jack, muenster, goat or other cheese of choice)
- Butter a 7x11 or 13x9-inch pan OR 6 ramekins (1/2-cup to 1-cup size). If using ramekins, place them on a small cookie sheet to store and bake on.
- Combine eggs, water (or milk), and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Heat a 10-12-inch skillet over medium-high heat with a pat of butter. Add egg mixture and cook until eggs just start to scramble.
- Add chopped spinach and stir a bit more until the eggs are just set but still moist. Remove from heat and fold in the sour cream.
- Spread eggs in prepared pan or divide evenly between the prepared ramekins and top with cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover the eggs and let sit o the counter while the oven is preheating to 325 degrees, (10-15 minutes).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until eggs are warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Greek: add ¼. chopped Kalamata olives with the spinach and top with feta and some fresh tomatoes.
Southwest: add a ½ tsp. of chili powder to eggs, top with pepper jack cheese and serve with salsa.
Pesto: mix in a couple tablespoons of pesto with the sour cream and top with parmesan.
Recipes you may like to serve with these eggs: