In these gift guides for kids and teens, you’ll find affordable tried-and-true toys, books, and more for the younger crowd on your shopping list (ages 6 and up).
Gifts for kids and teens, whether they’re your kids, grandkids, or nieces and nephews are sometimes the hardest to find and keep on budget. So I polled the kids I know and asked them to tell me their favorite toys, books, games, and things they’d like to receive to create this easy to use gift guide.
All the highlighted links go to Amazon affiliate links for your convenience (hint: now’s the time to sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial and get them delivered to your door!), but you can also just use the links for information in creating your in-store shopping list, too. (Note: affiliate links cost you no extra money, but earn me a few cents on each item bought through the link so by using them you’re helping support the site, so thank you!)
Affordable Gift Guides for Kids
5. Rubik’s Cube Apparently a classic that doesn’t go out of style!
7. Amazon Kindle with Kids Subscription (good parental controls)
8. Legos! (link to general page on Amazon with lots of options)
10. Art supplies (a general link with lots of options for kids)
11. Liberty puzzles (some are pricey since the pieces are all very uniquely carved and have some fun shapes, but are worth it, making for special gifts)
12. Sports balls (this is a set of 4 with a pump)
Affordable Gift Ideas for Teens
2. Real leather notebook (with personalized engraving of your choice)
4. Reusable laptop stickers (link goes to general list with lots of choices)
5. Waterproof small wireless speaker (great reviews on this under $25 speaker rugged enough that you don’t have to worry about it)
6. Fun phone cases (lots of choices)
7. Cute sleep mask (my daughter always sleeps with one)
8. Hydro Flask insulated water bottle (I have one – they are amazing and keep ice in your bottle for hours)
10. Retro instant-print camera
More Gift Ideas
Here’s our guide from last year of my kids all-time favorite gifts from both their childhood and teen years – I love seeing the classics that are on both of these lists like the Klutz Paper Airplane book, Legos, and art supplies!
Gifts for Kids that they’ll really use & love: tried-and-true favorites from our kids
2. Legos (of course!)
8. PJ bottoms
10. Converse shoes
Not pictured above are some of their all-time favorite books they wanted to make sure I included:
- Anne of Green Gables
- My Side of the Mountain
- Julie of the Wolves
- The Little Princess
- Magic Tree House series (books 1-4)
- Redwall Series (book 1, and on)
Have any favorites from the kids in your life to add to these lists?
This article is part of the 8 Weeks of Christmas Ideas series where you’ll find resources for cooking, gift ideas, time savers, recipes, traditions & more all November and December through the 24th.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)