Here are my top five (technically 6 with the bonus, but the title works so much better with five, don’t you think?) things I’ve read or bookmarked in the past couple of weeks- some are fun reads and some have something to teach, but all are inspiring:
1. Thanks to Gina from Home Joys, I was finally able to make picture-perfect bagels- those are actually mine in the photo!! I’ve actually made bagels numerous times and while they usually tasted ok, they were always flat and misshapen. Not with Gina’s recipe- her whole wheat bagels are the BEST I’ve ever tried and my family gobbled them up. I love it! (Update: I forgot to mention that I did NOT use the gluten that Gina states is optional. They obviously didn’t need it, either!)
2. Mama’s Laundry Talk wrote about how to get mildew out of clothes– or at least try. If I had known these tips earlier, maybe I wouldn’t have automatically thrown out the weeks-old swimsuits and towels from camp that had been stuffed under certain children’s beds…
4. I’m cheering for Nony (A Slob Comes Clean)- not just that she organized her garage during our Spring Spruce Up series, but that she got the whole organizing thing and has worked to keep it organized even when the piles creep back in!
5. I’m loving the tips from Myra at The Casabella Project about creating gallery walls. I have something started in our hallway using black and white family pictures and vibrant kid’s artwork, but I’m thinking of adding some other things like she suggests!
And the bonus link I had to add:
6. If you’re a blogger, have you discovered Blogging with Amy? I love how she is so very accessible and writes in a way I can grasp (as in, waaaaay down on the techy scale…). This week she shared five ways to promote your blog or product with more ideas to come- she has about 40 total, so I’m really looking forward to reading more ways to get out there and be found!
I hope you have a great weekend- I’m doing something completely out of my comfort zone…I’m thinking I’ll take pictures and share it all with you, if I don’t embarrass myself too much!