Click the image or link below to download free printable instructions to attach to your jars:
Make a dry mix to keep in your pantry and make some of these amazing pancakes for your family:
- Dry ingredients for mix:
- 2 c. whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat white flour, or spelt
- 2 c. oats (process briefly in a food processor to make some of the oats "quick" while leaving some whole)
- ½ c. dry buttermilk
- 2 - ½ tsp. baking power
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ c. sugar (white, raw, coconut, maple)
- 1 Tb. cinnamon
- 1 c. pancake/waffle mix
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- ¾-1 c. water (3/4 c. for waffles)
- To make mix:
- Combine dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container on a pantry shelf for up to 3 months.
- Make pancakes or waffles:
- Place 1 cup of the mix into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, butter, and water together, beating until slightly frothy.
- Stir into dry mix, just until combined. Add more water for pancakes as needed for desired consistency. Let sit 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare griddle or waffle iron. Use ¼-1/3 c. batter for each pancake and cook until browned and bubbles appear in the centers. For waffles, use amount needed for the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions.
Note: this article was originally published in November of 2012 and has been updated with new printable labels, formatting, larger photos, and full printable recipe.
More gifts-in-a-jar you may like:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)