- 1 Tb. organic bullion (the original recipe always used beef, but chicken works well, too)
- 3 TB. butter, cut into three pieces
- ½ tsp. marjoram
- 1 cup long grain white rice (*see notes for adapting to brown rice)
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth (or water, but broth gives more flavor)
- Place the bullion, butter, marjoram, rice, and broth (or water) in a 2-qt. baking dish, preferably one with a cover. Do not stir or mix.
- Place in the oven, covered with lid or tin foil, at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Stir before serving.
Other easy side dishes you may like:
Note: this recipe, as you can imagine since it’s our favorite, was one of the first recipes I published in 2009. It definitely deserved to be updated with all new photos, formatting, and printable recipe so you can share it with more easily with your friends – like most people do who try this. Enjoy!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)