Make Ahead Peppered Maple-Mustard Bacon
Sweet and savory breakfast bacon that can be totally prepped the day before.
Author: Jami Boys - An Oregon Cottage
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. bacon ('rough cut' or thick cut is best, but any will work)
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tb. maple syrup
- 1 Tb. coarse-ground black pepper (or more, as desired)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the bacon out in a single layer on a large cookie sheet. Cook in oven until about ¾ done, about 9-10 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, stir the mustard and syrup together until smooth.
- Transfer the bacon to a 13x9 (or larger if needed) baking pan, again laying out in a single layer.
- Use a pastry brush to coat both sides of each piece of bacon with the maple-mustard mixture. Sprinkle liberally with coarse pepper (I do both sides, but if it will make it too spicy for your family, do only one side).
- Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pan in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is crisped up enough for your tastes.
Other breakfast recipes you may like:
Pages: 1 2