Are you intrigued after watching the video? I really do like my Dish Drying Mat, and I actually didn’t know anything about them until just a few weeks ago.
BUT, even I have to admit there are times when only hand-washing will do – large pots and bowls, delicate silver and glass, and awkward things like silicone liners. In my house these items just get set on the counter next to the sink for a few hours until they dry and then are put away.
Directly on the counter. No towel, no drainer, nothing. Because we have hideous tile and don’t care one whit about our counters. But within the next six months or so, we will be installing wood counters (ah, be still my heart…) and simply setting dishes to drain on them would not be wise, to say the least.
Enter the Dish Drying Mat, which is:
- Absorbent (it really does hold a lot of water)
- Nice looking and doesn’t take up a lot of room when it is put away
- Fast drying and allows the dishes to dry faster (because of the microfiber) so less time is needed with dishes on the counter– yeah!
- Made with a layer of foam that cushions fragile items and helps hold bulky items without slipping.
- Able to be washed over and over without the layers coming apart.
I’m already using it on our yucky counters so it will be second nature when it really matters on our wood counters, and I love how there aren’t puddles of water to deal with everyday. I also found that it’s great for draining vegetables after washing, too.
DISCLAIMER: I received free dish mats and was compensated for my time to review this product. Of course the opinions are always 100% mine. *smile*