Tex-Mex Salad with Ranch-Style Beans & Homemade Dressing
Make this Tex-Mex salad with your choice of homemade or canned ranch style beans for a quick, flavorful, and healthy lunch, side dish, or light meatless dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- For Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, chopped (slicing tomatoes work, too)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can Ranch Style Beans with sauce (or homemade version)
- Homemade American-French Dressing
- For Homemade Ranch Style Beans:
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 TB. tomato paste (you can freeze the rest of the can in small portions)
- 4-5 TB. water (or to desired consistency)
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1-1/2 tsp. beef bullion
- 1/2 tsp. EACH: onion powder, oregano, paprika
- 1/4 tsp. EACH: garlic powder, vinegar, cumin
- If making homemade beans: Combine all the bean ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and let cool while making salad.
- To Make Salad:
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese, and olives if using to a large serving bowl.
- Make homemade American French Dressing in a blender.
- Right before serving, mix the salad base with the dressing, beans, and chips. Divide into 4 servings and garnish with more chips if desired.
More easy salads you may like: