- 1 to 3 fresh, in-season tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- olive oil (optional)
- cracked black pepper
- 1 to 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- basil or other fresh herb, chopped (optional)
- Slice however many tomatoes you'd like and arrange them on a plate.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Add a bit of olive oil if you'd like (I rarely do).
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Add crumbled feta evenly over tomatoes, top with herbs, if using and serve.
Note: this recipe was originally published the first year of AOC, 2009, and has been updated with new photos, formatting, and printable recipe.
Other easy, seasonal recipes you my like: