3 Ingredient Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce
- 2 thick stalks rhubarb chopped (about 2 to 2-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar or brown/white sugar *SEE NOTE
- 1/4 cup water or more as desired for thinning
- 2½ cup sliced strawberries about 1 pint
- Add rhubarb, sugar, and water to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook at a simmer 5 to 7 minutes until rhubarb is breaking down and tender.
- Add strawberries and cook another 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and blend mixture with an immersion blender in the pan until smooth (alternately, carefully transfer the hot mixture to a blender and whir until smooth).
- Refrigerate until serving or freeze to store longer.** Use as a thicker spread as-is, or thin to a pourable consistency with more water as needed.
A couple more favorite rhubarb & strawberry recipes you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables