Baked Maple Mustard Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard divided
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard divided
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup divided
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8-10 bone-in skin-on chicken pieces*
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- spray olive oil or other natural oil in spray form
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and fit a rack on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Make Brine: In a large gallon-sized baggie or bowl, mix together the olive oil, 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons dry mustard, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and the salt. Add the chicken pieces, seal and turn over to coat the chicken. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.**
- Make Coating: Combine the bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoons dry mustard in a shallow bowl or pie tin.
- Roll the marinated chicken in the crumbs, making sure they are evenly coated. Place on the prepared rack. When all pieces are coated, spoon any remaining coating on top of the chicken pieces and the spray lightly with olive oil or other spray oil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Make Sauce: while chicken is baking, mix the remaining 3 tablespoons maple syrup and 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Serve alongside chicken.
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published in 2009.
More Easy Chicken Recipes You May Like:
Soy Sriracha Marinated Chicken (to grill or bake)
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists