Quick & Easy Baked Fish with Parmesan-Herb Crust
- 4 white fish fillets about 6-oz. each, like flounder, cod, tilapia, halibut, etc.
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs preferably homemade
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley fresh- if using dry only 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon each: basil oregano, and thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Oil a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Arrange the fish fillets in the dish, folding any thin parts under to avoid overcooking -some fish, like tilapia, might need to be folded in half if they're really thin- the idea is to try to make them the same thickness to cook in the same time frame.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, herbs, and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil to moisten.
- Divide the crumb mixture evenly over the fillets. Drizzle or spray with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake until the topping is golden and the fish is opaque when flaked, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets.
More quick & easy seafood recipes you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables