Quick & Easy Baked Fish with Parmesan-Herb Crust
A seafood recipe your whole family will love – equally good for busy weeknights and for company.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 white fish fillets (about 6-oz. each), like flounder, cod, tilapia, halibut, etc.
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (preferably homemade)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (fresh- if using dry only 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon each: basil, oregano, and thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Oil a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Arrange the fish fillets in the dish, folding any thin parts under to avoid overcooking -some fish, like tilapia, might need to be folded in half if they’re really thin- the idea is to try to make them the same thickness to cook in the same time frame.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, herbs, and pepper. Stir in 1 TB. olive oil to moisten.
- Divide the crumb mixture evenly over the fillets. Drizzle or spray with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake until the topping is golden and the fish is opaque when flaked, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 184mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: fish, parmesan, main dish
More quick & easy seafood recipes you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables