Balsamic Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce (Freezer Friendly)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 pounds cherry tomatoes washed well, large ones cut in half
- 2 onions coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or a blend of your favorite Italian seasonings
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle olive oil into a large roasting pan.
- Toss all ingredients into roasting pan and mix well.
- Roast about an hour, stirring once, until some of the tomatoes are starting to brown and they've broken down.
- Transfer to a saucepan and whir until smooth with an immersion blender (alternately, you can blend a bit at a time in a blender, being careful of hot splatters). If desired, pass through a sieve or food mill to remove seeds.
- Serve immediately or let cool, divide into freezer-safe containers, label and freeze to store.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)
More Cherry Tomato Recipes you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables