No Bake Blueberry Pie Recipe (Low Sugar)
Easy no bake blueberry pie recipe with a maple sweetened filling. Use any crumb crust you like – or the one included – to make a quick homemade dessert with either fresh or frozen berries.
NOTE: There is a refrigeration time in addition to the preparation time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 9-inch crumb crust (see recipe below or use a favorite) OR baked regular pie crust
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested (juice should equal 1 tablespoon)
Whip Cream Honey Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whip cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Prepare pie crust, depending on what you’re using* (make, bake, and/or thaw). Have crust ready and cooled before proceeding with the recipe.
- In a 3-quart saucepan combine the syrup, arrowroot or cornstarch, salt, and water, whisking until smooth. Add 3 cups of the blueberries and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Cook 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- TIP: If using fresh berries, most might be still whole – use a potato masher to mash some of the berries until the filling takes on a blue color and about half of the berries are still intact.
- Add butter, lemon juice, zest, and the remaining 1 cup of blueberries. Stir until the butter has melted.
- Cool 10 minutes before pouring into prepared pie crust. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight (the longer the refrigeration, the easier it will be to cut).
Whip Cream Honey Topping:
- 1 to 2 hours before serving, add the cream and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl to use with a hand-held mixer). Whip until soft peaks form.
- Spread the topping over the pie filling evenly. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with additional blueberries sprinkled on top, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers for 1-2 days in air proof containers.
*You can use any type of crumb pie crust (homemade or store bought) or make and bake a regular pie crust. Here’s my go-to crumb crust recipe (I use the baked method because I like a crispier crust):
Bake or No-Bake Graham Cracker Crumb Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve of crackers)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 7 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor (just add the crackers, whir them until fine and then add the remaining ingredients). Mix until clumps start to form.
- Dump into a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly on bottom and up sides. TIP: use the bottom of a measuring cup to press into pan.
- Choose Baked or No Baked Crust: To bake, heat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 10 minutes and then let cool. For a no baked crust, refrigerate immediately while proceeding with the recipe.
Note: Nutrition numbers were calculated with the crumb crust recipe used from above.
- Serving Size: 1 piece from 12 servings
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 21.6g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
Keywords: blueberry pie, blueberries, blueberry dessert, no bake pie, no bake dessert, healthy dessert
Check out the Ultimate Blueberry Guide for LOTS more blueberry recipes:
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! For more info, you can read AOC’s entire disclosure page here.
Looking for more low sugar, real food recipes? Fill out the form below to get a FREE ebook of some of my favorite recipes that are so good we never miss the extra sugar!
Subscribe & Get Lower Sugar Recipes