Easy Homemade Butter Mints
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1 pound confectioners sugar plus extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- food coloring optional
- In large bowl, beat butter until creamy. With mixer on low, beat in sugar, cream and extract until creamy and smooth.*
- Turn sugar mixture out onto a work surface lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar; knead until smooth and satiny. Cover the dough with a slightly damp towel to keep it from drying out.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners. Lightly dust work surface with confectioners' sugar and roll out 1⁄8 cupfuls of the mint mixture into about 1/2-in.-thick ropes. Cut ropes into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.
- Carefully transfer mints to prepared baking sheet with a spatula (the mints will be soft). Repeat with remaining dough.
- Let air-dry at room temperature for 2 days until firm enough to handle. Transfer mints to covered containers or bags.
Adapted from Women’s Day
Other easy homemade candies you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables