Garlic Spiced Canned Pickled Beans
A recipe and tutorial for home-canned pickled beans flavored with mustard seeds, garlic, and red pepper flakes. A perfect balance of spice,salt, and sweet for salads, antipasto plates, appetizers and snacking.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 7 pints 1x
- Category: Canning
- Method: Canning
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 tablespoons pickling salt
- 14 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes for each jar (or to taste)
- Prepare 7 pint jars, lids, and canner for processing.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spice, and salt in 6-8-qt. pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add a two garlic cloves (4 halves) and the red pepper flakes to each jar before packing with beans. (Do one jar at a time, pouring brine over and sealing before moving to the next jar.)
- Ladle the hot brine over beans, leaving 1/2″ headspace, removing air bubbles with a spatula, wiping the jar rim, and attaching the lid. (Try to get a bit of the pickling spices in each jar.)
- Process in a boil-water canner for 10 minutes.
- Remove from canner to a towel-lined surface and leave undisturbed for 24 hours before checking lids for seal, labeling with date and storing. Use within a year to year-and-a-half.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Protein: 0.1g
Keywords: green beans, canned, garlic, homemade
Other canning recipes you may like:
Be sure to check out these preserving recipes from my gardening friends!
Guide to Drying Homegrown Herbs @The Freckled Rose
How to Make Homemade Grape Juice @Homemade Food Junkie
How to Freeze Carrots @Simplify Live Love
How to Can Peaches @Frugal Family Home
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables