Chicken Lime Lettuce Wraps
Chicken lime lettuce wraps are a quick and easy weeknight meal or fun appetizer, made in 10 minutes using precooked rotisserie style chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 3 small or 2 large limes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1–2 tablespoons peanut, coconut, or olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Thai chile or serrano or jalapeno chili, minced (optional – 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce can be substituted)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (or use about 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey, cooked with onion in step 2)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded (or shredded cabbage, broccoli, snow peas, etc. and diced red sweet pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced mint leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 head lettuce, separated into leaves (butterhead, romaine or rotisserie)
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon verbena or lemon balm leaves, optional
- sweet chili sauce and/or Sriracha, optional for serving
- Combine lime juice, honey, fish sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, add the onions and cook for a couple minutes. Lower heat to medium and add garlic and chile or red pepper flakes and stir together.
- Add chicken and shredded carrots or vegetables and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice mixture and mint, stirring together just until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of chicken-lime mixture onto lettuce leaves and serve with optional lemon verbena and sweet chili sauce.
Keywords: chicken, lime, lettuce wraps, quick recipe, chicken lettuce wraps, dinner, appetizer
Other quick recipes you may like:
Note: this article was originally published in 2013 and has been updated with new photos, formatting and printable recipe. Enjoy!
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists