Chicken-Pesto Greek Style Pizza
- One batch Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
- cornmeal for the pan
- 2/3 cup prepared pesto here's an easy, frugal pesto recipe
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Make the pizza dough and let it rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- Start oven heating to 425 degrees. Prepare a medium size baking sheet or a pizza pan/stone by lightly sprinkling with cornmeal.
- Roll and press the dough to fit the pan, building up the edges if you desire a thicker crust, or just rolling flat for a thinner-style.
- Prebake the rolled-out crust for 8-10 minutes. If the crust develops a bubble (or two), just gently push down on them with a spatula to deflate after removing from the oven.
- Spread the partially baked crust with pesto, sprinkle with mozzarella, and distribute the chicken evenly over the crust.
- Add all the vegetables in even layers, starting with the dried tomatoes so they are towards the bottom.
- Top with the feta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in the 425 degree oven for 8-12 minutes more or until the crust is nicely browned and the cheeses are melting and browning.
- Transfer to a large cutting board before cutting into serving pieces.
Note: this recipe was originally published in 2012 and has been updated with larger photos, clearer formatting and printable recipe. Enjoy!
Other family favorite recipes you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables