Chipotle Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken & Salad with Guacamole, Corn & Black Beans
Use this spicy chipotle rub when you grill chicken for an easy way to to add explosive flavor! Then use the chicken to top a southwest inspired salad with black beans, corn, and guacamole for a main dish salad everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Southwest
Chipotle Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons dried, ground chipotle
- 1–1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Grilled Chicken & Salad:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts or 6 boneless thighs
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1–1/2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 can)
- 1–1/2 cups cooked corn
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheddar, jack, or jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- salsa for serving (or dressing of choice)
Spice Rub Marinade:
- Prepare spice rub by mixing all the spices and seasonings together in a small bowl.
- 30 minutes to 1 hour before grilling, rub the chicken all over with the chipotle spice rub and place in refrigerator.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat, about 5-10 minutes each side, until done and juices run clear.
- Serve on it’s own or slice the chicken for the salad.
Black Bean & Corn Salad:
- Prepare salad by dividing the lettuce between 4 to 6 plates.
- Evenly distribute the remaining salad ingredients, except the guacamole and salsa, on top of the lettuce (alternately, layer the salad ingredients on a large platter).
- Keep plates refrigerated while the chicken cooks and then divide the sliced chicken among the plates. Top each with a dollop of guacamole.
- Serve with salsa and tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 576mg
- Fat: 21.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: chicken, grilled chicken, spice rub, chipotle, salad, main dish salad, corn and black bean salad
Other Easy Grilled Main Dishes You May Like:
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! This post also contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you! For more info, you can read our entire disclosure page here.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables