Chipotle Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken & Salad with Guacamole, Corn & Black Beans
Use this spicy chipotle rub when you grill chicken for an easy way to to add explosive flavor! Then use the chicken to top a southwest inspired salad with black beans, corn, and guacamole for a main dish salad everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Chipotle Spice Rub:
- 2 Tb. dried, ground chipotle
- 1–1/2 Tb. kosher salt
- 1 Tb. paprika
- 1 Tb. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Grilled Chicken & Salad:
- 3 boneless Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Breasts or 6 Boneless Thighs
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1–1/2 c. cooked black beans (or 1 can)
- 1–1/2 c. cooked corn
- 1–1/2 c. shredded cheddar, jack, or jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 c. prepared guacamole
- salsa for serving (or dressing of choice)
- Prepare spice rub by mixing all the spices and seasonings together in a small bowl.
- minutes to 1 hour before grilling, rub the chicken all over with the chipotle spice rub.
- Prepare salad by dividing the lettuce between 4 to 6 plates and then evenly distribute the remaining salad ingredients, except the salsa, on top of the lettuce (alternately, layer the salad ingredients on a large platter). Keep refrigerated while grilling.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat, about 5-10 minutes each side, until done and juices run clear. Slice the chicken and lay atop the prepared salad.
- Serve with salsa and tortilla chips.
Other Easy Grilled Main Dishes You May Like:
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! This post also contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you! For more info, you can read our entire disclosure page here.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables