Classic Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe (Plus BEST Homemade Croutons)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Parmesan adds more body to the dressing- you can omit if you only want it on the salad
- 1 to 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (or 2-4 anchovy fillets)* OR 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt to taste usually don't need
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil start with less and add more if desired
- Place the first six ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or jar of a blender. Blend until garlic is chopped and all is combined.
- With motor running, add the oil in a stream to let the dressing emulsify together. Add honey, if using, and salt to taste and blend again.
- Store in refrigerator.
1. Cut 2 pieces (or more) of bread into cubes and place in a small bowl.
2. Drizzle olive oil (or garlic olive oil-yum) over the cubes (about a tsp.) and sprinkle with a seasoning - we like our basic spice rub.
3. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes (less for more chewy croutons, more for more crunchy - you get to choose!).
4. Cool and toss on salad.
Note: this recipe was originally published in 2011 and has been updated with all new photos, clearer formatting and printable recipe. Enjoy!
Other salad dressing recipes you may enjoy:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables