Coconut Bread Recipe (Whole Wheat, Maple Sweetened & Dairy Free)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease sides of an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and line long sides and bottom with a piece of parchment paper (this makes removing the loaf easy).
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a smaller bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and no flour lumps remain.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool 20 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
For Optional Glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl (or a small saucepan).
- Heat 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring at the halfway mark, until thickened a bit (if using saucepan, heat to simmering and cook until just slightly thickened.
- Cool a few minutes (it will thicken as it cools as well) before pouring over the loaf.
- While glaze is still wet, sprinkle with coconut and press in lightly to help it stick.
Other Quick Breads You May Like:
Honey Sweetened Lemon Flaxseed Muffins (Gluten Free)
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists