Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe (100% Whole Wheat)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped cranberries either fresh or dried
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and coat with flour or sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Combine orange juice, zest, and egg in a small cup and pour into dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts (if using) and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan about 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
Other Quick Breads You May Like:
- Healthy, Whole Wheat No Fail Zucchini Bread
- Garlic-Cheese Zucchini Bread
- Maple Sweetened Coconut Bread
- Cranberry Crumb Loaves or Muffins (uses leftover cranberry sauce!)
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables