Creamy Fresh Baked Corn Casserole Recipe
- 8 ears fresh corn husked
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chipotle powder or cayenne to taste
- 1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter + extra to coat baking dish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the kernels off the cobs into a large bowl. Run the dull side of the knife along all the cut edges of the cob to extract the corn 'milk' and add to corn in bowl.
- Add cream, garlic and spices to corn and mix well.
- Generously butter an 11 x 7-inch baking pan and spoon corn mixture into pan, spreading flat.
- Cut up the 2 Tb. butter and evenly place over the top of the corn.
- Bake for 45 minutes only (if top doesn't look brown, place under broiler for a few minutes) - baking longer will result in chewy corn rather than crisp. There will be cream visible, but it's easy to mix in and as it cools it thickens.
- Stir well and serve warm.
Other Easy Side Dishes:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables