Creamy Pesto Pasta
Grab 5 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make this family favorite quick pasta dish. Perfect on it’s own or served with grilled or baked meat or fish.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pesto, to taste
- 1 pound pasta
- Start the water boiling for the pasta. When it boils, cook as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, make a white sauce by melting the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until combined; cook for a couple minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk and stir over medium-high heat until thickened.
- Add the pesto to the white sauce, stir and remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the water.
- Toss the sauce and pasta, using the reserved water to thin the sauce as necessary and serve.
Try adding chopped cooked chicken, sausage, or smoked salmon, too.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 314mg
- Fat: 24.1
- Fiber: .06g
- Protein: 14.8mg
- Cholesterol: 90mg
Keywords: main dish, side dish, kid-friendly recipe, easy recipe
Other quick meals you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables