Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread Sweetened with Honey
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup honey
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter or oil like light olive or sunflower
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour can use spelt or 1 ¼ cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder + extra for dusting pans
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-inch loaf pans and lightly coat with cocoa powder (I recommend adding a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom and up the long sides, coating that with the cocoa, as the very middle bottoms tend to stick, even with the coating).
- To the bowl of a large mixer, add the zucchini and next four ingredients. Stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, mixing until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly and making sure that the chocolate pieces are evenly dispersed (they tend to fall to the bottom of the bowl). Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 c. chocolate chips evenly between the two loaves.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes until puffed and centers look done (you can do a toothpick test, but the chocolate pieces will be melty, so be aware that it won't come out completely clean).
- Cool 5-10 minutes in the pans, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Sometimes carrots can be subbed for zucchini, but I’ve never heard of chocolate carrot bread…hmm, think it would be good?
Linking up with Best DIY Projects & Recipes
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables