Ice Cream Sundae Kit: Toppings
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. milk
- Peanut Butter Chips
- 3/4 c. peanut butter
- 1/3 c. melted cocoa butter
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mocha Chips
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 TB. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- For Fudge Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl and heat 1 minute. Stir until completely smooth.
- Alternately, heat in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate.* (Makes 4 pints)
- To Serve: Heat a few seconds and stir.
- For Peanut Butter Chips
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread into about a 10″x13″ rectangle.
- Refrigerate until set and then cut into small cubes.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.** (Makes about 1-1/2 cups)
- For Mocha Chips
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Spoon mixture into a cake decorating bag with a round tip (OR into a strong baggie with the corner clipped) and press chocolate chip sized pieces onto the prepared pan.
- Let dry at room temperature for 24 hours or until completely dry to the touch.
- Store in airtight jars. (Makes about 1 cup)
*To give the sauce, wait to add to basket until right before giving (sauce can be left in a cool car or garage for a few hours, but should be refrigerated as soon as possible). Use the Chocolate Syrup option if it will need to be unrefrigerated longer (though that should go into the fridge within a day, too).
**Alternately, you can use coconut oil instead of cocoa butter, but you will need to keep them in the freezer and use them frozen.
Other food gifts you may like:
This article is part of the 8 Weeks of Christmas Ideas series where you’ll find resources for cooking, gift ideas, time savers, recipes, traditions & more all November and December through the 24th.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables