Sew up some simple DIY tote bags to use for shopping, school, or work with these simple patterns anyone can make.
I have a wonderful opportunity for you or this last installment in the handmade gifts series! I hope you have been able to gather some ideas for the special people on your lists who would appreciate your heartfelt, homemade gifts. I can’t believe we’re at the end – but don’t worry, I will always be sharing ideas on my Pinterest Handmade Gift board and plan to highlight a lot more on AOC’s Facebook page all through November.
So, tote bags: I think easy-to-make tote bags make terrific gifts that are good not only for carrying personal items, but also for market bags and travel bags. Adding a simple flap turns them into messenger bags that when made in muted, vintage colors would be welcomed by the hard-to-make-for men & teens on your list, too.
Make Easy-Sew DIY Tote Bags
Click here for step-by-step picture tutorial patterns for these projects and more on the Sew4Home site.
And here’s an encouragement for sewing if you think you can’t: if you can sew basic straight lines, there are patterns here for you to make – really! – and I’ve always appreciated the fact that every step of the project is detailed with photos as well as regular pattern directions at Sew4Home.
And that opportunity I mentioned? I received a copy of the new Sew4Home book, Bags and Totes: 10 Easy, Fashionable Projects Anyone Can Sew to review AND I get to give away a copy for you, too!
I found a lot of projects in this book that will make great gifts (and a few I want to make for myself!), including a classic color-block tote, a jumbo zippered shopper (pictured on the cover above), and a really cool messenger bag. Each project includes all the materials you will need, detailed and illustrated directions, and project notes with tips and variations. I know you’ll find something in here to make for people on your gift lists, too!
***This giveaway has ended: the random winner is comment #17, Kathy – congratulations!***
Here are the simple steps to enter the giveaway and more details:
- Leave a comment telling me who you would gift a bag to- that’s it, no boxes or widgets to try and figure out!
- Get an additional entry by sharing about the giveaway on Facebook, then come back here to leave a comment telling me that you shared.
- Get another entry by sharing on Twitter, again leaving a separate comment to tell me so (the separate comments count for individual entries, so they must all be separate).
- The giveaway is open until Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim the prize within 48 hours of initial contact, or another winner will be chosen. Name and address will be provided to Sew4Home who will then mail the giveaway package.
- This giveaway is open to those living in the continental US with a valid shipping address and readers who are 18 and older.
I’m sharing 31 days of handmade gifts for the holidays and beyond. Click here to see all the projects in this series. Don’t miss a post! Sign up to get them delivered to your inbox by clicking here.
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! This post also contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you! For more info, you can read our entire disclosure page here.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables