Easy & Healthy Spiced Nuts Recipe (Sugar Free)
This recipe for savory healthy spiced nuts gives you another flavor option, producing delicious nuts in just minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (I use hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rounded cayenne pepper (or more/less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive, coconut, or peanut oil
- 2 cups raw nuts like pecans, walnuts, almonds & cashews
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and line a small cookie sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Combine all the spices in a medium bowl that will hold the nuts, too. Add oil and mix until smooth.
- Dump the nuts into the bowl and stir until they are evenly coated and spread evenly on the prepared pan in a single layer.
- Bake nuts for 12-15 minutes, stirring at the halfway point.
- Remove from oven and stir once more before letting sit on pan to cool for about an hour. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1/9g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Nuts, Spiced Nuts, Healthy Recipe, Healthy Snack, Appetizer
Adapted from a recipe in The New Basics Cookbook.
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published March 2014.
Other Healthy Recipes You May Like:
Perfectly Roasted & Salted Almonds (WAY better than bought!)
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists