Easy Pesto Twist Bread Recipe
A cheese and pesto filled bread made with a quick and easy pizza dough.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 batch of Quick Homemade Pizza Dough
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 2/3 c. prepared basil pesto
- 1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- butter or oil for pan
- Make pizza dough and let sit for 15 minutes. Prepare a 10-inch cast iron skillet, pie plate, or cake pan by brushing the bottom and sides with butter or oil.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch the dough into a 14-inch rectangle.
- Spread the entire dough with the softened cream cheese and then with a layer of pesto.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of parmesan on only half of the dough.
- Fold the side of the dough without the parmesan over the half with and lightly press the edges to seal a bit.
- Cut dough into 5 pieces, lengthwise. Starting with one strip, twist it and add it to the prepared pan, starting in the middle and wrapping the twisted rope into a spiral. Continue adding all the strips the same way, pinching the ends together as you add them.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees during the last 10 minutes to preheat.
- Bake the loaf at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and continue baking until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables