Easy Slow Cooker Curried Barley with Carrots & Onions
- 1 ⅓ cups pearl or hulled barley
- 4 cups chicken broth increase to 4-1/2 for hulled barley
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs of choice: parsley chives, thyme (or a mix)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional, to taste
- Optional additional vegetables see note
- Yogurt and chutney for serving optional
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a 4 to 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours (for pearl barley) to 8 hours (for hulled) or on HIGH for 3 for pearl or 4 hours for hulled.
- Serve with yogurt and chutney, if desired.
More easy side dishes you may like:
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables