Fast and Easy Curried Red Lentil Soup
A 7 ingredient, 30 minute soup that is filling and full of flavor making it a healthy weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. red lentils
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tsp. regular curry powder or 2 tsp. hot curry powder (or to taste)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (less if using a salty broth)
- 7 c. chicken broth (or water)
- 4 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- Heat olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large soup pot over medium heat until onion softens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the spinach, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are becoming thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and stir it in until it wilts, about 1-2 minutes. Season to taste and serve.
If making ahead, wait until reheating to add the fresh spinach.
Other easy soups you may like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables