Garden Fresh Salsa Cruda & Pico de Gallo
- 3 pounds tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion halved
- 2 to 4 jalapenos halved (use smaller amount and remove seeds for milder salsa)
- 1 anaheim pepper halved & seeded
- 1 lime halved
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin optional
- optional diced vegetables for pico de gallo: beans corn, sweet peppers
- For both salsas: core and quarter the tomatoes. Optional draining step: Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and let sit in a strainer to drain while preparing the other vegetables.
- For Salsa Cruda:* add one half of the remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor (roughly chop the half onion first) and the juice of one half of the lime - pulse until ingredients are roughly chopped. Add half of the drained, quartered tomatoes to the processor and whir with ingredients until the desired consistency is reached; transfer to a serving bowl.
- For Pico de Gallo:* dice the remaining half of the ingredients and add to a serving bowl, along with the juice from the other half of the lime. Chop the remaining quartered, drained tomatoes and add to the pico de gallo ingredients and stir together well.
- Salt and pepper both salsas to taste and serve.
Other Salsa Recipes You May Like:
- My Favorite Thick Salsa for Canning
- Roasted Tomatillo or Green Tomato Salsa
- Quick & Easy Roasted Corn Salsa
- Ultimate Hot Pepper Guide (with tons of recipes, including salsas)
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists