Garden To Table: Thai Grilled Pork and Vegetable Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Use the bounty of the season in this Thai inspired salad with grilled pork AND vegetables – it’ll leave your family asking for more!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Thai
Marinade & Pork:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime (about 1 1/2-tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried ginger)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops
Dressing & Salad:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil + 1 tablespoon for grilled vegetables
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (or other Asian hot sauce), to taste
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced on bias*
- 1 pound snap or snow peas, strings removed and sliced as needed*
- 1 large onion, cut in half, then half again and sliced (‘half-moon’ slices)*
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped (Chinese cabbage or a savoy type preferred, but regular cabbage is fine, too).
- Chopped peanuts and cilantro (or parsley) for serving
- Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over pork chops in a single layer in a baking dish (or in a large zip top baggie). Refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
Make Dressing & Grill Ingredients:
- Mix dressing ingredients from soy sauce through Sriracha until all is incorporated. Refrigerate until needed (if dressing thickens as is waits, add water to thin to pouring consistency).
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- Combine carrots, peas, and onions in a large bowl. Toss with 1 Tb. sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove pork from marinade and grill until done, 145-155 degrees (use a thermometer for accuracy, that’s the way we stopped cooking our pork too long!).
- At the same time, grill the prepared carrots, onions, and peas using a grill basket, tossing every few minutes (the pork will probably be done cooking before the vegetables). Cook the vegetables until still crisp with edges starting to char. Cook time is usually 12-15 minutes.
- Divide the cabbage between 4-6 plates.
- Slice pork chops thinly and divide between plates.
- Top each plate with a portion of the grilled vegetables and then drizzle the dressing over all. Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro or parsley.
*The vegetables are easily changed with whatever is in season – like green beans, red peppers and onions, etc.
Keywords: pork, salad, Thai salad, grilled pork, grilled vegetables, main dish, pork salad
Other Easy Main Dishes You May Like:
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! This post also contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you! For more info, you can read our entire disclosure page here.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables