Garden To Table: Thai Grilled Pork and Vegetable Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Use the bounty of the season in this Thai inspired salad with grilled pork AND vegetables – it’ll leave your family asking for more!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Marinade & Pork:
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime (about 1–1/2 TB)
- 1 Tb. grated fresh ginger (can sub. 1 tsp. dried ginger)
- 1 Tb. fish sauce
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin chops
- Dressing & Salad:
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. olive or peanut oil
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 3 Tb. lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 2 Tb. sesame oil + 1 TB. for grilled vegetables
- 1 Tb. honey
- 1 Tb. minced ginger (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (or other Asian hot sauce), to taste
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced on bias*
- 1 lb. snap or snow peas, strings removed and sliced as needed*
- 1 lg. onion, cut in half, then half again and sliced (‘half-moon’ slices)*
- 1 sm. head cabbage, chopped (Chinese cabbage or a savoy type preferred, but regular cabbage is fine, too).
- Chopped peanuts and cilantro (or parsley) for serving
- Make Marinade:
- Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over pork chops in a single layer in a baking dish (or in a large zip top baggie). Refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
- Make Dressing:
- Mix dressing ingredients from soy sauce through Sriracha until all is incorporated. Refrigerate until needed (if dressing thickens as is waits, add water to thin to pouring consistency).
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- Combine carrots, peas, and onions in a large bowl. Toss with 1 Tb. sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove pork from marinade and grill until done, 145-155 degrees (use a thermometer for accuracy, that’s the way we stopped cooking our pork too long!).
- At the same time, grill the prepared carrots, onions, and peas using a grill basket, tossing every few minutes (the pork will probably be done cooking before the vegetables). Cook the vegetables until still crisp with edges starting to char. Cook time is usually 12-15 minutes.
- Assemble Salad:
- Divide the cabbage between 4-6 plates.
- Slice pork chops thinly and divide between plates.
- Top each plate with a portion of the grilled vegetables and then drizzle the dressing over all. Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro or parsley.
*The vegetables are easily changed with whatever is in season – like green beans, red peppers and onions, etc.
Other Easy Main Dishes You May Like:
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! This post also contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you! For more info, you can read our entire disclosure page here.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables