Garlic Cheese Zucchini Bread Recipe (Whole Wheat)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese**
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese**
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x5 (or 8x4) pan with parchment and oil the ends (or oil and flour the whole plan if you don't have parchment). See notes below to make muffins instead.
- Mix oil, milk, and eggs in a 1 to 2-cup glass measure, stirring with a fork.
- In a large bowl stir together all the remaining ingredients except the zucchini; add zucchini and mix to coat with flour.
- Pour the wet egg mixture into the this dry mixture and stir just until moistened and no flour is visible (the batter will be thick).
- Spread dough in prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake 55-60 minutes for 9x5" pan, 60-65 minutes for an 8x4" pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan before lifting out with parchment edges onto a rack to cool completely.
- Grease 12 muffin cups and divide batter between them evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave in pan 5-10 minutes before turning out to cool on a rack.
Other Quick Breads You May Like:
- Whole Wheat Honey Sweetened Orange Zucchini Bread
- Honey Sweetened Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Maple Sweetened, Whole Wheat Coconut Bread
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists