Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (Pan or Skillet Baked)
A quick and easy cookie cake that will make any occasion special and just may become a new family tradition.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 pieces 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2-cups chocolate chips (about 9 ounces)**
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (optional for decorating)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 10-inch springform pan or a cast iron skillet (no need to oil a well-seasoned skillet, though).
- Beat butter and sugars in the bowl of a mixer until well-blended. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Add the chips, mixing by hand if needed.
- Using the back of a spoon or a wet hand, spread the dough evenly in the pan or skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on a rack.
- If using a skillet: serve right in the pan (preferably with a scoop of ice cream in the middle).
- For a springform pan: run a knife around the edge and then release the sides of the pan, removing the bottom of the pan (or not – it’s up to you) and place on a serving platter or cake stand to serve. It can be made up to a day ahead using this option.
Optional Birthday Greeting Directions:
- Melt the chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave at 30-second intervals.
- Push all of the melted chocolate to the corner of the baggie and snip off a tiny portion of the corner.
- Hold the baggie while twisting the top to push the chocolate out to write the birthday greeting on the cookie. Don’t worry – it doesn’t have to be perfect!
*You can also use all purpose flour.
**You can also use a different types of candy: M&Ms, chopped Reeses cups, chopped Butterfinger, toffee chips, etc.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 20.9g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
Keywords: cookie, chocolate chip cookie, giant cookie, giant chocolate chip cookie, giant cookie cake, birthday
Other Easy Desserts to Try:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists