Perfect Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies (with a Slightly Secret Ingredient)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups whole oats powdered in a blender until a flour-like consistency
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour or spelt flour
- 12 ounces 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- In the bowl of a mixer (or a large bowl), cream the butter and sugars then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered oats, salt, soda, baking powder, and whole wheat flour and mix well - the dough will be fairly stiff.
- Mix in the chocolate and nuts, if using.
- Place tablespoon sizes of dough on a cookie sheet, greased or lined with a baking mat or parchment and slightly flatten.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 8 to 8-1/2 minutes. Do not overbake -they may not look done, but will firm up as they cool, remaining a soft cookie.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for a few days or freeze immediately for fresh-tasting cookies anytime.
Other Delicious Cookies You May Like:
Chocolate Chip, Nut & Seed Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables