Healthy Maple Sweetened Chili Pecans
With just a few tablespoons maple syrup these pecans are just slightly sweet and perfectly spiced for snacking, parties, salad toppings and gift-giving!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2-1/2 cups raw pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot chili powder (if using regular chili powder, add 1/8 tsp. cayenne if wanted for more spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a medium sized, rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well to coat all the nuts evenly.
- Lay coated pecans in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake 5 minutes, stir nuts well and bake for another 5-8 minutes until nuts are browned and caramelized (watch closely to avoid burning).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on pan.**
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.
*Going over this amount may cause the nuts to remain sticky after cooling, so measure carefully.
**Do not let them sit out for longer than necessary -they have become sticky for me in the past from the humidity when I forgot about them cooling (as in hours). They will stay nice and glazed if you place them in a container as soon as they are completely cooled.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Pecans, Nuts, Glazed Nuts, Maple Glazed Pecans, Healthy Snacks
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published December 2015.
Other Easy, Healthy Snacks You May Like:
Easy & Healthy Spiced Nuts (No Sweeteners)
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables