Healthy No Bake Fudge Oatmeal Bars
A quick healthier, no bake version of chocolate oatmeal bars with flax, less sugar, and your choice of nut butter for added protein, making them great for snacking or dessert!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 36 bars 1x
- Category: snack/dessert
- 3/4 cup butter or coconut oil (or a combo)
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or 6 oz. chocolate, broken)
- 3/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- Optional: 1/4 cup more chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling tops
- Line a 8×8-inch pan with parchment or foil, leaving it to hang over two opposite edges (to use as handles to lift out and cut easier).
- Add butter or coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to a large saucepan and melt together over medium heat. Mix in the oats and flax and cook, stirring constantly for a bit more (about 1-1/2 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Press 1/2 to 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan (it will be a thin crust), reserving 1/3-1/2 for the topping.
- Melt chocolate and nut butter together over low heat until melted (or microwave 1 minute). Spread evenly over oatmeal crust.
- Crumble reserved oatmeal mixture over the top and press it in a bit. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place in the fridge, covered, a couple hours until firm before cutting into 36 small bars.
- Store in the refrigerator (they also freeze wonderfully).
Other healthy recipes you may like:
(P.S. hat tip to my aunt for sending me this recipe, which I of course had to adapt and change to make healthier – sorry, A.M.!)
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists