Original Homemade Caramel Apple Dip (full sugar)
Easy homemade caramel apple dip uses just 4 ingredients and takes 15 minutes. Make a fun fall family apple tasting tradition with this dip and 3-4 different apple varieties!
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 can (14-oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly (will take 5-10 minutes).
- Lower heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly (really- this is not the thing to walk away from! It will burn…I know from experience!).
- Remove from heat, let cool a bit and then pour into a serving bowl and serve warm.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Microwave a few seconds to soften before using again.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 31.1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
Keywords: caramel dip, homemade caramel, apples, caramel apple dip, dessert
Click below for the Less Sugar Caramel Apple Dip Version I make now (uses half the honey and sugar!):
Other recipes to use this caramel apple dip with:
Crumb-Topped Apple Pie – drizzle warmed caramel on top
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups – use the caramel instead of the chocolate sauce as a topping
No-Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – use as topping (leave out chocolate for a vanilla version)
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published October 2009.
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables