Individual Homemade Pizzas
Individual homemade pizza is an easy 20 minute dough and makes a fun party or family movie night “pizza bar” where everyone can top their pizzas just like they want.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 7 small pizzas 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Homemade Pizza: Individual Mini or Regular Size
- 1 package dry yeast (or 1 scant tablespoon), active or instant
- 1 cup warm tap water
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2-cups flour
- Pizza sauce, cheese, and desired toppings
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a mixer until the dough pulls away from the edges (or by hand vigorously for 20-30 strokes). Let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Separate into 7 equal balls, flatten and shape into small pizzas on a cookie sheet sprinkled with a little cornmeal. Three to four should fit on a sheet.
- Prebake the small pizzas for about 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Remove to a rack to cool.
- Have each person top a pizza as they wish, making sure to use toppings to identify it after cooking.
- Place the pizzas back on the cookie sheet and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning.
You can also make into one large pizza:
- On a pan (pizza, baking stone, or cookie sheet), sprinkle some cornmeal and spread to the edges of the pan.
- Prebake in 425 degree oven (optional, but ensures fully cooked crust).
- Remove from oven, top with sauce, cheese and toppings and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, until done. Cook it on the lowest rack setting so that the bottom crust is closest to the element.
Keywords: pizza, pizza dough, individual pizzas, homemade pizza, kids meal, family night, entertaining
Other Easy Family Dinners to Try:
Easy Baked Maple Mustard Chicken (our son asks for this on his birthday!)
Classic Chef’s Salads (another choose-your-topping meal popular with kids)
Quick Chicken Caesar Wraps (perfect for picnics and sport events)
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published in July 2009.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists