Individual Homemade Pizzas
Homemade Pizza: Individual Mini or Regular Size
- 1 package dry yeast or 1 scant tablespoon, active or instant
- 1 cup warm tap water
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ cups flour
- Pizza sauce cheese, and desired toppings
Make the Crusts:
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a mixer until the dough pulls away from the edges (or by hand vigorously for 20-30 strokes). Let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Separate into 7 equal balls, flatten and shape into small pizzas on a cookie sheet sprinkled with a little cornmeal. Three to four should fit on a sheet.
- Prebake the small pizzas for about 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Remove to a rack to cool. (Make Ahead Tip: you can make early in the day and keep the crusts in an airtight container until dinner or you can freeze the crusts for a couple months before thawing and using.)
Top & Finish Baking:
- Put all toppings in bowls, give a crust on a plate to everyone and then gave each person top the pizza as they wish. Important Tip: make sure to tell each person to use toppings to identify their pizza after cooking.
- Place the pizzas back on the cookie sheet and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning. Serve immediately.
- On a pan (pizza, baking stone, or cookie sheet), sprinkle some cornmeal and spread to the edges of the pan.
- Prebake in 425 degree oven (optional, but ensures fully cooked crust).
- Remove from oven, top with sauce, cheese and toppings and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, until done. Cook it on the lowest rack setting so that the bottom crust is closest to the element.
Other Easy Family Dinners to Try:
Easy Baked Maple Mustard Chicken (our son asks for this on his birthday!)
Classic Chef’s Salads (another choose-your-topping meal popular with kids)
Quick Chicken Caesar Wraps (perfect for picnics and sport events)
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published in July 2009.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists