Sesame Vinaigrette Salad Dressing & Marinade
- 1/4 cup rice or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic or about 1/2 tsp. minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder, cornstarch, or potato starch (optional for thickening)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisking until well blended and the thickener is dissolved.
- Whisk in the olive oil, mix well and pour into a glass container to serve and store.
- Ideas for Serving: Use as a salad dressing for vegetable and pasta salads, slaws, and as a marinade for chicken and seafood (marinate in part of the vinaigrette for 2-3 hours before roasting or grilling, brush with more in the last few minutes of cooking).
Other homemade dressings you may like:
Note: this recipe was originally published in February of 2013 and has been updated with larger photos, pinnable image, clearer formatting, and printable recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables