Honey Sweetened Lemon Flaxseed Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 cup almond flour or meal
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 to 2 large lemons zested & juiced (to equal 1 tablespoon zest & 1/3 cup juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- Combine the oat flour, almond meal, flaxseeds, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs, 1/3 cup lemon juice, zest, and extracts.
- Melt the coconut oil, remove from heat and mix in the honey until incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture and coconut-honey mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Divided the batter between the prepared muffin cups - they'll be about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let sit in pan 5 minutes and then turn out to a rack to cool.
- While cooling, mix the lemon and honey glaze ingredients together and then brush on the warm muffins. Eat warm or room temperature.
Note: adapted from this recipe.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables