Healthy Lemon Vegetable & Fish Foil Packets (Grill or Oven Bake)
Vegetable and fish foil packets turn out perfect every time – and the flavors of garlic, lemon and seasonings are incredible. An easy weeknight meal everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 fish fillets (tilapia, salmon, cod, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into 8 pieces
- Cut four pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil, about 15 inches long (if using regular aluminum foil, double it).
- Divide onions and green beans between the foil pieces, layering onions on top and green beans next.
- Drizzle olive oil on vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer a fish fillet on top of each vegetable pile. Combine butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes and spoon over fish, dividing evenly.
- Top each pile of fish and vegetables with two thin slices of lemon and wrap foil around ingredients, folding edges to seal well.
- To Grill: Preheat grill to medium high and place packets directly on grill. Close cover and cook 1/2-inch fillets about 15 minutes (until fish flakes easily with a fork). Cook thicker fillets longer as needed.
- To Bake: Place packets on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until done.
- Carefully unwrap packets, being careful of steam and serve in the packets on individual plates.
You can substitute green beans with: asparagus, thinly sliced carrots, sliced sweet peppers, chopped cabbage, or kale (or anything you think would be good!).
- Serving Size: 1 packet
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 667mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 23.7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: Seafood; Grilling Recipe; Baked Fish; Fish and vegetables; Fish Foil Packets
Other Easy Dinners You May Like:
Baked White Fish with Parmesan-Herb Crust (ready in 20 minutes)
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists