Lemon Glazed Cupcakes
Simple to make and amazingly moist, these delicious lemon glazed cupcakes literally melt in your mouth! They are perfect for spring parties and anytime with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1/2 cup softened butter, plus more for muffin tin
- 1–1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream, thinned slightly with milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use a pastry brush to butter a 12-cup muffin tin and then lightly coat with flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl with a spout or a 4-cup measure. In a 1-cup measure, stir together the yogurt, vanilla, zest and juice of the lemon. Set these aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture alternately with the yogurt mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fill the tins about 3/4 full with the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then remove to a cooling rack set over a piece of wax paper.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and pour over warm cakes, using a knife to make sure the glaze is covering the tops. Cool completely or serve warm.
More easy desserts you may like:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists