Make Ahead Peppered Maple-Mustard Bacon
- 1 pound bacon 'rough cut' or thick cut is best, but any will work
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper or more, as desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the bacon out in a single layer on a large cookie sheet. Cook in oven until about 3/4 done, about 9-10 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, stir the mustard and syrup together until smooth.
- Transfer the bacon to a 13x9 (or larger if needed) baking pan, again laying out in a single layer.
- Use a pastry brush to coat both sides of each piece of bacon with the maple-mustard mixture. Sprinkle liberally with coarse pepper (I do both sides, but if it will make it too spicy for your family, do only one side).
- Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pan in the oven, uncovered, and bake for about 15 minutes or until the bacon is crisp enough for your tastes.
Other breakfast recipes you may like: