Maple Sweetened Orange Cranberry Sauce
SO easy and SO much better than canned, make this real food cranberry sauce sweetened with maple syrup and orange juice in about 10 minutes for your holiday meal – or any time you’re craving cranberry sauce!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Condiment
- 1 bag cranberries (12 oz.), fresh or frozen
- 1 c. unsweetened orange juice
- 3/4 c.-1 c. pure maple syrup (I use 3/4 c. which makes a tart-sweet sauce – increase syrup to 1 c. if you’d like a sweeter sauce)
- orange zest from 1 orange (about 1 Tb.)
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to maintain a very soft boil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The berries will start to pop and the sauce thicken. Mash as desired while stirring (if you’d like a smoother sauce, use an immersion blender before storing the sauce and it will gel a bit like canned jellied sauce).
- Transfer sauce to a lidded container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week before serving (the sauce thickens even more as it cools).
Make Ahead: the sauce can be made up to a week ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Did you grow up with canned sauce – or no sauce at all? Have you made cranberry sauce at home?
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables